Power People and the Less Fortunates

I can still hear the sound of the electronic cash register
as I step out onto the busy sidewalk.
Two fashionable women with their large packages
rush toward me
and I step aside to let them by.
They don't see me, for I am invisible!
I am a Less Fortunate, you see.

I don't carry packages
Unless it's everything I own
I don't order the fancy coffee
Just a small drip will do
My friends and I, we've been here a long time
We share this city with
The Power People.

Two businessmen make their way
discussing real estate & important meetings.
My friends and I, we talk of...
Shelters, warm jackets & medications

It may seem like two different worlds to you
But we are from the same, You & I
One could not be without the other
The Power People & The Less Fortunates


jjames 2008